Alignment Rockford's mission is to align community resources in support of public school strategies to raise student achievement, improve the health and happiness of our children, and advance the economic and social well-being of our community.
A community-wide commitment to ensure all children are ready to learn and ready for school.
Physical Development & Health:
- Learning to be active and healthy
- I encourage my child to be active.
- My child plays games outside and enjoys playing
- on playgrounds.
- My child runs, jumps, hops, and plays catch.
- I play with small toys with my child.
- My child plays with Play Doh, small blocks, and puzzles.
- My child colors, draws, and uses scissors to cut paper.
- I encourage my child to care for himself.
- My child uses the bathroom and washes hands
- without assistance.
- My child can get dressed, snap, button, zip, and put on coat and shoes independently.
- I encourage my child to be healthy.
- My child tries different foods, including fruits and vegetables.
- My child brushes her teeth.
- My child sleeps 8 or more hours every night.
Social and Emotional Development: Learning about feelings and behaviors
- I listen to and respect my child.
- My child tells me about feelings.
- My child shows concern for the feelings of others.
- I give my child ideas of what to do when sad, lonely, angry, and frustrated.
- My child is beginning to find ways to cope with feelings.
- I talk to my child about rules and routines.
- My child listens to me and follows simple directions, such as, “Put on your shoes and your coat.”
- My child talks and listens to me in conversation.
- I support my child in finding ways to solve problems.
- My child plays with other children and shares.
- My child solves problems during play.
- My child takes turns when playing with others.
Numeracy: Learning about numbers
- I count and talk about numbers with my child every day.
- My child counts while setting the table, waiting, walking upstairs, or at the store.
- My child talks about numbers, such as, “I have 3 cars.”
- My child knows some numbers.
- I talk about shapes and sizes with my child every day.
- My child can name and sort simple shapes. ( , Δ, , )
- My child uses words like big, little, more, and less.
Literacy: Learning to read and write
- I read to my child every day.
- My child is interested in books, magazines, and signs.
- My child can tell the story of a familiar book.
- My child shares stories and tells me about their day.
- My child talks with me and asks and answers questions. (Why?, How?, What?)
- I sing songs and rhyme words with my child every day.
- My child repeats songs and rhymes.
- My child can make up silly rhymes.
- I write with my child every day.
- My child makes lines and shapes.
- My child is beginning to write her name.
- My child knows some letters in his own name.